Content - M.Pharmacy - Pharmaceutical Analysis
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS
- The Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis is established during the academic year 2012-13.
- The M.Pharmacy is a two-year course, and the course emphasized Modern Analytical techniques and Quality Assurance
The department of Pharmaceutical Analysis is committed to making sound decisions in pharmacy education supported by evidence-based analysis using sophisticated analytical techniques through research on synthetic & herbal drugs, food products, and pharmaceutical formulations. Each laboratory experiment is designed to provide students with hands-on experience in executing elementary analytical skills and quality control tests for various dosage forms. Students gain knowledge and competence by conducting bench experiments and taking tutorial sessions. Students’ participation in each laboratory is mandatory and will be accounted into their final course grade
Pharmaceutical analysis department is actively involved in imparting quality education to the students, especially training students in analytical skills and preparing them for industrial carriers. This laboratory equipped with all the modern equipments for Instrumental methods of analysis. Special emphasis is laid on the implementation of good laboratory practices and analytical skills. The department is actively involved in developing new analytical methods and their validation, characterization and quantitative estimation of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and other components in various dosage forms.
Goals & Objectives:
- Define common terminology of pharmaceutical analysis.
- Employ terminology of pharmaceutical analysis by executing various analytical skills through lab exercises or instrumentation: Sterile preparation; Serial dilution; Calibration; Titration; Spectrophotometer; Chromatography.
- Classify quality control criteria for various dosage forms by executing different lab exercises: Sterility; Drug content; Tablet dissolution; Stability protocol; Drug diffusion.
- Plan and execute a lab exercise using appropriate analytical skills and generate a comprehensive lab report on the findings.
- UV-Visible- spectrometer
- Flame photometer
- Digital precision balance
- Gas Chromatography
- Conduct meter
- Fluor meter
- Karl Fischer titrator