Content - Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Role of the Entrepreneurship Development Committee:
The roles of the committee is to advise, assist, support, and advocate the entrepreneurship development strategies. Committee also provides specifications for entrepreneurship and helps to ensure find out the best entrepreneurs from our students. An entrepreneurship committee’s role is not to “Rubber Stamp” what already exists, but to offer suggestions for improvements that will help the students to grow and expand like a entrepreneur. We at SHCP therefore not only make the future managers but, also sow the seeds for generating future entrepreneurs.
SHCP is strongly bounded with a motto of social transformation through dynamic education provide the students with the perfect blend of knowledge and dynamism so as to groom them into successful entrepreneurs
- Areas to be considered in Strategy
- Entrepreneurship Awareness & Orientation.
- Entrepreneurship Skills and Training.
- Business Starts-up/Entry Strategies.
- Business development services & institutions.
- Business support services & institutions.
- Activities build competency
Functions of the Committee:
Believing in the maxim that the economic greatness of a country is fueled by the strength and vitality of its entrepreneurs, the Entrepreneurship Development Committee shall aim at identifying and nurturing the latent entrepreneurial spirit of students, to provide them with opportunities for excellence, to help them build financial security by designing and implementing innovative, practical, efficient and effective entrepreneurial solutions that create sustainable economy, to create a successful business and a significant realizable value for self, community and nation.
- The first and foremost work of the committee is to identify the students who have right kind of skill and want to become an entrepreneur.
- If additional training or skill development is required, committee will arrange the same for them.
- After choosing the type of work i.e. servicing, manufacturing, trading etc. by the students the committee will to develop a business plan.
- Committee will help in searching, identifying the market needs in the area of business.
- Committee will guide the would-be entrepreneur in setting up the business after arranging finance and location of work.
- If there is a need committee will guide for hiring the staff and managing the accounts beside using innovative technology,
- Finally, committee will familiarize the young entrepreneur about legal, ethical and social obligations in his business and provide the tips for growing in the today’s market.
- Conducting training programmes
- Mentoring students and assisting in getting financial support for Start-up’s
- Effective implementation of practice school concept
- Entrepreneurship awareness camp
- Idea presentation
- Start-up Boot camp
- Business Plan preparation
- Developing entrepreneurial mind-sets
- Business Communication Skills
Objectives Of EDC:
This Scheme is launched with a view to encourage students in AICTE approved polytechnics and degree technical institutions to consider self-employment as a career option, provide training in Entrepreneurship through modular courses and increase the relevance of Management particularly in the non-corporate and under managed sectors.
- To foster better linkages between the Parent Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGO’s and other Voluntary Organizations.
- To catalyse and promote development of S&T based Enterprises and promote employment opportunities.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and Micro Enterprises.
- To create an environment for self-employment and entrepreneurship development through formal and non-formal programmes.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial spirit and culture among the Science and Engineering graduates and post graduates.
- To develop management personnel at appropriate levels for the non-corporate and unorganized sectors like education, rural development, small-scale industry etc.
- To conduct skill industrial development training programs with updated technologies.
- To provide need-based consultancy services to industries for promotion of employment opportunities
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.